Paul's Ponderings


Wednesday, June 15, 2005
Mac Mini Tiger (and memory) Upgrade

The copy of Tiger for my Mac Mini I ordered from Amazon arrived on Monday. I did the upgrade last night and it went without a hitch.

I previouslly upgraded the Mini's memory to 1GB courtesy of Crucial Memory. They have a section on their website dedicated to Mac memory upgrades. No questions as to what to order for a specific machine. The price is right and you get a quality product. They're even offering free shipping at the moment.

With a quick Google search I found several sites with printed instructions and one with a nice video showing how to do the memory upgrade. It does require the use of a putty knife but it turned out to be a piece of cake. The only hitch I had was getting the rear panel to seat properly. The catch was to push that part in first, then seat the other sides. I did have to push in the front plastic clamps using the putty knife. After that all was well and it worked the first time.


Comments: Post a Comment